Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Our trip to Rochester....

We woke up the butt crack of dawn (4am) to catch our 6am flights to Rochester on Friday morning. Hunter V went NUTS on the plane rides. He's never moved, kicked, and been so active before in his life. Hopefully it wasn't because my poor baby didn't like the ride. I'm sure it was the noise or maybe even the pressure. It got me to wonder if babies can feel pressure from planes inside our stomach. Anywho...we arrived Friday around noon and first stop was wegmans for some subs! One craving checked off the list within 30 mins of arrival :) Subs in hand we headed to my grandparents house and spent the afternoon visiting with them, my brother Matt and my niece Madison. Matt lives in california and it just dumb luck that our visits to Rochester overlapped by a day, we were THRILLED when we found this out. After lunch we headed to Abbotts for some ice cream. Second craving checked off the list! :)

Photobucket
No I'm not double fisting the icecream :) Holding Madison's while she takes the picture. Pretty good photography work for a 5yr old!

Photobucket

Photobucket
I swear Madison was happy...not sure what the sour pus face is all about

That evening Great G'pa and G'ma took Madison to a baseball game so Hunter Matt and I got to enjoy a night on the town together celebrating my friend Melissa's 30th birthday! I've been more fun before in my lifetime :) but was still nice to be out with my highschool girlfriends.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
whoa baby! :)

Saturday we caught up on some sleep in the morning and then headed to the farmers market in the village of Fairport. Great Grandma bought Hunter V a sweet little hand knit sweater and we stopped into a local shop so that I could buy him a onesie that said Fairport on it. Have to have my little boy representing some Raider Pride! :) It's always fun showing Hunter IV my home town as well and I think he's always intrigued by the lift bridge in the center of town. After our little village trip we headed back to have lunch with our friend Morgan, Sean and their sweet baby girl Makayla. Some more friends we adore and wish we lived closer too!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Told you, Hunter is intrigued by the lift bridge

Photobucket

After lunch it was time to get ready for the wedding. We prettied up and drove down to Bristol Harbour on Candiagua lake. It was a beautiful day and beautiful wedding! The reception was a preggers girl dream.....tons of passed hor dourves, three different yummy stations, AND candy bar, coffee station, rice crispie treats, mini cupcakes, cheese cakes, carrot cakes...need I say more? Oh but there's more...at the end of the night they had a garbage plate making station. If you all don't know about the infamous garbage plastes in Rochester NY, expand your horizons! :) Thanks Chris and Nicole we had a blast! :)

Photobucket
Beautiful ceremony site!

Photobucket
BFF as a BM walking down the aisle. I'll be the maid of honor for this chic's wedding June 2nd 2012 can't wait!!

Photobucket
Gorgeous bride and her parents. I literally grew up in this girls house. She was my first friend when I moved to NY from California in 1991.

Photobucket
Newlyweds!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Love these peeps

Photobucket
A great way to end the night and trip for that matter

Sunday Morning we were up at butt crack again 4am to catch 6am flights. It was rough but we were home by noon and sleeping by 1pm, naturally spending all day Sunday catching up on sleep. I felt surprisingly well rested this morning.

We made the rounds, spent time with lots of friends and family we don't get to see often and celebrated a great friends marriage, it was a trip well worth the travel!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Nicole looks stunning and what a gorgeous spot for a ceremony! So pretty! :) I'm glad y'all had a great trip hun! Little Hunt got a taste of his first rollercoaster ride! ;) Loving the pink dress and necklace combo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your food cravings. What a great idea for trash plates at the end of the wedding!! I do also love your dress for the wedding. You are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES I know what garbage plates are and Abbott's custard and Wegman's subs - girl you are making my mouth water excessively! My mother and stepdad live in Fairport so I know exactly what you were talking about (lift bridge). I love that little town and enjoy visiting there, summertime is glorious in upstate NY. You looked fabulous in your pink dress and statement necklace. And what a gorgeous wedding venue - I do marvel at those Finger Lakes. Such a beautiful part of the country! Glad you had a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post makes me hungry! If you are anything like me, you will still have cravings even after baby arrives! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs