Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Very Merry Basement Project (comes to an End)

Merry Christmas everyone!!! This past saturday we brought back our dirty santa christmas party in our brand spankin new finished basement.  Ashamed to admit our last xmas party was back in 2010 but pretty cool can read about Here and Here on the blog.

Honestly, one of the main reasons I LOVE throwing parties is because it forces us with a deadline on house projects and overall just makes us get shiz done!!!  Perfect example...I've had about 6 frames sitting on my dining room table...oh for about...6 months! All I needed to do to finish our gallery wall was to hang these frames. It took me all of about 30 minutes to do it last week and I sit here wondering why it took me inviting 40 people over to actually kick my bum into gear to do it.  I'm sure this sounds familiar to others....but...it also forced us with a deadline to FINALLY finish the basement!!!

So the party was an absolute blast.  (Thank you to all of wonderful friends that came!) I managed to snag a few pics from friends to prove we had a good time ;) but kept the hard core discriminating pictures and videos to snap chat!!




Are you on snap chat?? If so, follow me... lunsfordkm is my snap chat ID. All the dirty santa party videos have fallen off the 24 hour story (thank gah!) ;) but maybe you'll catch some Lunsford Christmas Eve party shenanigans.

And without further ado....  The finish basement reveal!!  It's been tested, it's party proof, and totally worth the 10 month process and 1,000,000 fights over light fixtures, hardware, furniture, and window treatments.   Hope you love it as much as we do!! xoxo


This pic was pre-xmas party...we don't typically keep that much liquor on the counter ;)

Hunter's pride and joy!

Hand-made by Big daddy himself!! (my father-in-law)

This outdoor space went untouched for our first two years in this home. Looking forward to giving it some good use this summer!


Added little lanterns from Ikea to the white posts - its the little things that make such a big difference!




















My favorite corner nook in the whole basement for many reasons :) xo

Hope ya'll have the very coziest christmas with lots of family time and wonderful memories made!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Love! This will be the inspiration for our basement remodel! Except swap the keg for whiskey storage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks straight out of Southern Living. You two have done an amazing job. If you're ever in Knoxville, PLEASE stop by and redecorate our house!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs