Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Easter Weekend...

The long weekend started on friday for me. With Hunter IV at the masters and daycare closed due to good friday I was forced to take a vacation day and play the SAHM role. It was great!!



Friday morning while HL5 was napping I got a jump start on his easter basket liner. Photobucket
And after his nap we made a dinner to bring over to his newest friend little Leo!
Lou and Carmen Andre are sweet friends of ours who had a baby last week. It was great timing when I saw Blue Eyed Bride had just posted a meal she recently brought to a new family.Bow Tie Fiesta pasta complete with a spinach salad and butterfinger pie. I made the exact same thing for the Andre's. Thanks Blue Eyed Bride :)

BTW, I snuck in a little taste test and boy is it no joke good!! Was glad I doubled the recipe and froze one for us! This will def be making the rotation! Go make it!

After visiting Leo we headed home for a little bath, bottle, bed action. Once baby was snoozing I ponied up with a glass of vino and finished baby's easter basket liner. I was quite pleased with how it turned out!
Photobucket
A little big on the inside which tells me my measurements where a bit off but hey its the first real thing I've ever sewn and practice makes progress, right!?
Now I just need a monogramming machine and my next adventure in sewing is going to be bubbles. YOu know the cute kind that little boys and girls where that are EXTREMELY overpriced in the store. yeah, I can make those! (i think) :)
Sorry, sidetracked...back to the weekend.

Before we knew it, it was saturday morning and Daddy was back from Augusta! Once he settled in we headed out for a family lunch at McAlisters and then off to the mall for HL5 to meet the easter bunny. I'm not to sure he knew what to think but mommy was making funny faces at him behind the camera so we got a smile :)


Saturday evening back at home, the Hub whipped up some Jerk chicken sandwhiches for dinner. I have zero clue how he did it but i know it involved marinaded chicken, a homemade roumalade sauce, pinapple, lettuce, oh and they were on the sweet hawaiian roles. Very yummy! Seriously does anyone out there have any connections with the food network because my husband needs to make more money his own cooking show! ;)Photobucket

Easter Sunday started out with Church, ended in the Masters with baby playing outside with his easter basket in between. Hunter's parents joined us for the day and HLIV made oriental chicken salad. This one I will blog the exact recipe soon because its a old stand by in our house, especially in the summer time. I of course forgot to take a picture of it because well...I was too busy taking pictures of the munchkin :) PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketddiggin in! man i love this kid! :)

I can't help but think next year he's going to be walking around, carrying his basket and bending over to pick up the eggs with his chubby little fingers. ah, so cute! i can't wait!

I hope your Easter was full of Easter blessings. He has risen, he has risen indeed!! xoxo

11 comments:

  1. i love that you decided to make his Easter Basket! Much more meaningful!!! :) So precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented with your sewing machine -- I have one that I received in 2004 for graduation, and I'm ashamed to say I've never used it (it's a Singer, too). You will have to give me some pointers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't worry mine sat in my attic for about 6 years as well before I just recently broke it out. it's all about finding the time :)

      Delete
  3. Plus, he'll be wanting a piece of candy every five minutes and then not take a nap because he's too sugared up! I speak from experience of course. I love the basket and I definitely need the recipe to the oriental chicken salad. Sounds yummy. Hunter is too cute! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, very true! didnt think about that part :)

      Delete
  4. What a happy Easter! HL5 looks absolutely adorable. I received a sewing machine as a wedding gift and it's still unopened, covered in dust, resting in the attic. You will definitely need to keep up with it so I can learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina. I think the hardest part is just getting opened, and learning how to thread the darn thing. Once your there, it starts to be fun :)

      Delete
  5. Eeeekkkk he is SO super cute!!! That grin and smile... gets me every single time! :) Your SAHM time was probably nice, much needed a refreshing... no picking up after stinky, grown up boys! :) Easter basket turned out great! The family Easter sounded perfect dear... and that chicken sammy is calling my name... seriously, what do we have to do to get big Hunt on TV???

    ReplyDelete
  6. do I spy a sewing app on your ipad??
    please share what the name of the app is??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey girl, it wasn't an app it was just the tutorial i was following to make his basket liner. It was from someone else's blog. If your interested its under my Easter board on pinterest!

      Delete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs