Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birth story part 1

Lets see where did we leave off??.....Ah yes I was 40 weeks preggers, ready, and waiting!! So Tuesday at my 40 week appt my OB scrapped the membranes of my cervix in hopes to "stir up trouble" well that he did...I lost my mucus plug on Wednesday morning, thus giving me hopes of labor soon. BUT, Wednesday came and went, Thursday came and went and friday came. My parents decided to drive down from VA anyways baby or not for the weekend to keep us company. Friday morning I had another Drs appt where we scheduled an induction for Sunday night. At that Friday appt doc tried to stir up trouble again and that he did :). Friday night I started contracting around 10:30pm and they didn't stop all night. They were consistent between 3-8 mins but never got worse. However, in the middle of the night I also started bleeding which told me this was probably true labor. Saturday morning I headed downstairs about 7:30am, told my mom what was going on and started doing some things around the house just to move around and hopefully make my contractions progress. Mom timed my contractions for me and they where coming every two minutes when I was active but I knew they weren't nearly painful enough to warrant a hospital visit. then it happened... At 8:30am while sitting on my living room floor my water broke!!! I whimpered in shock of what was happening it was such a weird feeling. Hunter heard me whimper from upstairs and hoped out of bed to see what was happening. I shared the good news, showered, put on makeup, hunter got the car loaded up and at 10:30am we headed to the hospital :)
These pics are of me doing squats the friday night I went into labor...I did them just for you Linds! And dare i say they worked?? :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

One final bump picture taken right before we walked out the door to head to the hospital :)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You definitely get the patience award! And, it cracked me up that you were doing squats! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this made me LOL b/c you REALLY DID do the squats that I've been reading about and telling you about! :))) And POP goes the weasel! :))) On a serious note, I couldn't have been any more excited and happy for you when I got the text! Love the little man SOOO much and I'm very proud of you and Daddy!

    ps.... Hi Jakey and the green ball! Glad you made an appearance in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS PRECIOUS STORY!! I am so happy that you have this to always look back on...it is truly priceless. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story! Hope you are getting some sleep -newborns are a lot of work but oh so worth every moment! I know you guys are smitten! Can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love reading the birth story! Your blog is so refreshing, I love your honesty! I don't have any children yet, so the inside perspective you give is great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs