Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

DIY Party hats!

I have to give credit where credit is due... I fell in LOVE with these party hats on Etsy but couldn't bring myself to spend 24 dollars on a hat. Photobucket So I printed polka dot paper myself downloaded from this website FREE! Learned how to take the paper and shape a party hat from this blog... Learned how to cut fringe out of tissue paper from this blog... Learned how to make a little paper fan from this blog....
And put it all together with either a stapler or hot glue gun to create Hunter's 1st birtday party hat!!!
17010B93-06A4-4F20-B2B2-1889BBE0B0FD-1935-000001ADE5381A7D-1 So the only supplies I used where...
scissors
stapler
glue gun
tissue paper
paper for hat
Ribbon for tie around the neck

BUT if you don't have time or aren't feeling crafty, seriously, just order one of these adorable little numbers from etsy...
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Next up is my attempt to recreate the matching banner!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
It's almost party time!! 04D7C074-AE9D-4B8F-833A-33ADA256756B-1935-000001AD596F5F91

4 comments:

  1. I think your hat looks even better than the $24 Etsy hats! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Christina!! Yours looks awesome... you have a DIY gift my dear! Very much so looking forward to cheers'ing to the little man! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks amazing! How cute!

    You are the first blog that I ever followed and I have been following your journey for a few years now! Sorry I'm terrible at commenting. But I'm so happy for you and your sweet family :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So freaking adorable!!! Love it! Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs