Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Chef Hunter

For those of you that don't know, Hunter does the majority of the cooking in our household. (And fairly healthy cooking, I might add). I never expected this role reversal in my marriage but must say it is nice! Hunter's Gram, who has made his grandfather three square meals everyday for the past 50 years, always says..."Kristen doesn't know how lucky she is" haha. She's probably right, although I am very appreciative of my chef! Hunter LOVES to dabble with cooking. I use the word dabble because he never follows a recipe yet his meals are ALWAYS amazing! I truly believe he could have a cooking show on the food network or something but he slacks in the secretarial part of the job, never recording or remembering how much of everything he puts in it. Once again, being a good little wife, this is where I'll step in and help out. :)

The idea came to me last night, as we were enjoying yummy succotash Hunter made, to start recording the best of his meals on our blog. This will be a great way for us as a family to save his recipes and also to share them with our friends and family!

Succotash
Smoked Sausage cut up and lightly browned
Fresh cut Okra, 1lb or so cut
1 large Sweet Onion, chopped
2 cans White Corn, or 4 ears cut
1 pkg Lima beans
4 can Stewed tomatoes
Lightly brown the sausage, the add onions and sauté with 2 or 3 cloves minced garlic and just a little butter. Steam limas separately. Add tomatoes, then everything else and simmer 30 minutes to an hour. Season with a little Cajun seasoning and healthy amount of black pepper. Add steamed limas the last 10 minutes or so.

Conveniently, Hunter works right next to the Charlotte Farmer's Market and is able he stops there after work to pick up fresh produce. Lima beans happen to be what was available but he made the comment that he thinks his Mom and Gram use butter beans. I wish I had a picture to show you all how yummy it look. I'm definitely not used to taking pictures of our food but will start too :) Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs