Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hunter's 3rd Birthday: Pizza Party!

Weeks before Hunter's 3rd birthday he fell hard for the Curious George Pizza Party story to the point where every time we had pizza he would tell me we were having a pizza party. So this theme was a no brainer.

As I mentioned before, I ordered his cute invites from my favorite paper site minted.

 Then hit up amazon for this pizza party kit! I've learned over the years that keeping kids busy with activities during parties is the best way to prevent them from killing each other and trashing my house. I ordered chef hats and aprons and the kids started out the party by decorating them using fabric and dot markers.

 When that was complete we went straight to making pizzas! I must say I got some pretty serious "are you crazy" looks (and I can't blame them) from the moms when I put out bowls of flour and sauce in front of a bunch of 3 year olds but they all did really well!!

After pizza we had cake and to say Hunter was smitten with the pete the cake topper his daddy made would be an understatement!! I was planning to do it but when the hubs offered I was ecstatic knowing he is much more of a patient artist than I. I could have never done this!!

Hunter more than understood the fact that it was HIS birthday which meant presents, friends and cake and truly had the time of his life. 

We let him stay up late with his friends and ended the night watching a movie from a cozy bed on the playroom floor.  

This was by far the most fun birthday yet with him which makes me super excited for Christmas and the years to come :)



3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great party! Good job, mama:)
    Loving that blue gray paint in the playroom. Do you remember the color, by chance? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I don't off the top of my head but I'll go home and look :)

      Delete
  2. You did such a great job with his birthday party! :) You made it fun for everyone, Mel... and those kiddos making their pizzas and coloring their aprons and hats = the cutest! xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs