Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Family and Football: A fun three day weekend!

Whew – Does it feel like Monday to anyone else besides me?  Us "bankers" in the Lunsford house had a three day weekend thanks to Martin Luther King Jr.    We jam packed our weekend with a lot of fun and a little bit of rest. 

We started our Saturday with playdates and The Little gym.  Then home for naps while I worked on the laundry and prepped some appetizers to enjoy during the Panthers game on Sunday.   I’ve been taking his greek dip EVERYWHERE we go lately.  It’s literally the easiest thing ever, all you have to do is chop and layer.  


  Tub of traditional humus

    Tub of Tatziki


   Cucumber, Tomato, and Green Onions



Mediterranean Feta, and Black olives (I only put black olives on half since I feel like a lot of people don't like olives)

 I also put together some anti-pasta skewers.  I got the idea from snoopnattynat when she posted this on her instagram.   They also ended being delicious and a hit.  I’m going to have to remember these for our xmas party next year.   It’s not shown in the picture but right before I served them I drizzled deli oil over them. 






 Saturday night Grami came to babysit and Hunter and I snuck away for a date night with my brother and sister-in-law.   Some noshing, followed by a nice dinner, made complete with a bucket of "juice" from Howl at the Moon (which i hadn't been to in like 10 years). 




 Sunday we were up and at em again and headed to Big Daddy’s (my father in laws) house BUT...Not before watching our first snow fall.  Hunter V has been DYING to see snow so he was super excited.  And well..monkey see, monkey do so James Penn was equally excited as his big brother.  They sat here at my bathroom window and watched it for a good 15 minutes while I got ready.  So sweet! 



 Big Daddy lives on Lake Norman so we enjoyed a cozy day, with family, friends, football and a great view! 



 The cousins on Hunter's side.  Aren't they cute! 

 We stayed the night and headed home first thing Monday and after two big nights for us old folks Monday we spent relaxing and getting ready for the week! 

Only three more work days and its another weekend!!!  Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs