Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

my new corporate ladder


The image below showed up in my inbox a few days ago. It was really just meant to be used as marketing material but it got me to thinking. THIS is what Rodan + Fields, the company I work for, WANTS my corporate ladder to look like! 


How special and amazing is that? They are changing lives across North America – and soon the world by offering us consultants the valuable opportunity to run our own skincare business from the comfort of our own home, ALLOWING US to spend more precious time with our families! #pinchme



If you remember, my R+F journey began last September a little over a year ago.  Kelly Treble (a RFx R+F leader) and I both worked in finance and on the same floor at one of the biggest banks here in Charlotte.  Through the grapevine, I caught word of Kelly’s successful R+F business and really didn’t think much of it nor was I looking for anything.  BUT… given Kelly was a extremely successful senior vice president at the Bank, I respected her business decisions so that night I enrolled. 

I had ZERO clue what I was getting myself into.  I had never tried the products (I washed my face with a bar of soap) AND worse yet… when I heard Kelly was going to soon retire from corporate america to run her R+F business full time - I remember thinking and SAYING “even if I replace my corporate salary with this one day I would NEVER quit.  I thought Kelly was being irresponsible.  I thought she was giving up an extremely successful, steady job for something that could be a fluke.  In hindsight…. I was CLUELESS!!!  About these products and this business model.  It took me only a couple months to really see and understand how social e-commerce is the wave of the future and that WE were ahead of it.  It took me one use of the products, and one corporate event to realize THESE products were NOT going anywhere, we’re going to be a household name, and we’re only going to continue to get better given how dedicated corporate is to product innovation and staying ahead of the curve.   I quickly realized how bright my family’s future was with this amazing company. 

I listened to training calls religiously, most of the time on speaker phone while putting laundry away in my bedroom, took the advice from those calls as well as from leaders in our company and put it into action. I had never been in sales before but its true.  We aren’t sales people.  We share.  I don’t want to pressure anyone into doing something they don’t want to do.  This truly isn’t for everyone.  It’s my job to share and let others decide it they want to be part of this.  But guess what??  In the past year, through consistent daily activity – that I fit in while still working my demanding corporate job in finance, I managed to grow a customer base as well as a team of consultants.


I hit Executive Consultant the month I enrolled thanks to my Big Business Launch event  and then I didn’t promote again until 5 months later when I hit Level 1 and 2 in February 2015. From there I promoted to Level III in May, and hit Level IV and V in the month of July 10 months into my business. If you’d like to see what these titles mean financially please refer to our income disclosure statement here.

This year I’m continuing to grow my personal business but now I also have the pleasure of helping those on my team build meaningful businesses of their own.  And that’s different for everyone.  Not everyone wants to quit their 9 to 5 job.  Some people just want a pool in their backyard or to pay for their kids college.  Whatever their goals are they are supported and I get to help them get there :) It’s an amazing feeling! 

When I graduated college I thought I wanted to climb the banking world’s corporate ladder.  Then I had kids, and that all changed.  Now I thank my lucky stars everyday that Rodan + Fields is the new corporate ladder I’m climbing.  I’m right on schedule to be spending less time in an office and more time at home with my family (without sacrificing a PENNY) a year from now.   I told myself 3 years when I joined. That I would work this my darndest for 3 years and no less to see what plays out. I'm so glad I did! I’ve worked hard, and it’s paying off, and next year my days are going to look VERY different.  And I couldn’t feel more blessed to have fallen into this opportunity and for some crazy reason ran with it.  

If you don’t like the corporate ladder your climbing.  Let’s talk, no sales pitch, you do the taking, I just answer your questions.  


2016 is going to be a record year for R+F.  I’m talking new product innovation, new international growth in Australia, and continued growth in the US and Canada.  We are serious about becoming the #1 premium skincare line in the US and YOU can be part of all that exciting success.   The company, the people, the products, it’s all so so fun, I love sharing it!! Lunsfordkm@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Rodan and Fields is such a great company with so much to offer its independent consultants. I'm excited to dive deeper and share these awesome products with the people around me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Mel!!! What an amazing company... I'm excited for you and I can't wait for the day when you tell me that being a SAHM/ R&F'er is your new 9-5'er! Smooches! Xo.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs