Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

An Easter basket battle

Why does everything have to be a fight? Why don't men or fathers get it? Whoa, starting this blog post out right, no sugar coating it. Are you curious to keep reading?

It's Hunter V's first Easter coming up which means he needs an Easter basket. The unfrugal part of me wants to just hop (no pun intended) online to potterybarn kids and buy one of their adorable baskets with monogrammed liners. All said and done (basket, liner and monogramming) they are over 50 dollars.



I knew Hunter IV would not approve of spending this much on a basket so onto etsy I went. I see baskets like this

Etsy

and this


Etsy



Etsy
all adorable, all I would want for our baby Hunter but still over 40 dollars each. I scroll right past them and set my eyes only on baskets 30 dollars and cheaper. Picking out these two baskets
one for 25



Etsy
and one for 32


Etsy
I send them off to Hunter IV for his opinion, thinking I've done such a good job not overspending on a Easter basket yet still managing to get Hunter V something nice considering I want this to be his basket forever.
Annnnnnnnnnd this is the response I get...
From: Hunter Lunsford
Subject: RE: what do you think? for hunters easter basket?
I think it’s cute but unnecessary. It’s $25 we don’t need to spend just so it looks cute in a picture. Blog about it if you really like them.
From: Lunsford, Kristen
Subject: RE: what do you think? for hunters easter basket?
That’s funny because 25 dollars is the cheapest I can find. Most are 40 and up! Keep in mind this is his easter basket for the rest of his life. No just for one year. It will be used year after year. Im not getting a 2 dollar plastic one from cvs. I don’t think 25 is bad!
And im not spending so it looks cute in a picture, Hunter. Im spending so our son has a basket on easter and next year will actually use it to collect eggs in. Have a heart.


From: Hunter Lunsford
Subject: RE: what do you think? for hunters easter basket?
He’ll want something bigger I’m guessing when he gets a little older though.

From: Kristen Lunsford
Subject: RE: what do you think? for hunters easter basket
?
He doesn’t get to pick. I don’t want something bigger cause then we have to fill it! I want to get him one and have it be forever. And it will be special because he’s had it since his first easter. If you think bigger than more like the second one I sent that’s 32 bucks

From: Hunter Lunsford
Subject: RE: what do you think? for hunters easter basket?
Get the bigger one then. Filling easter backets is easy. It doesn’ have to be all candy you know.
From: Lunsford, Kristen
RE: what do you think? for hunters easter basket?

I know. This year I want to get him the pat the bunny book

"unecessary"? Since when is having a cute Easter basket unecessary?? "Blog about them if you really like them." UGH. seriously. YOU WISH blogging would cure my need to buy. Doesn't work that way HUBBY. Okay...I'll blog about how you ticked me off with this convo. grrrr. 25 dollars equals a dollar a year AND heck he can use it on his son too considering he'll probably be named Hunter. hehe.
He ended up coming around but sometimes I just wish I didn't have to ALWAYS explain the need for something. Can't they just trust?
Thanks for letting me vent and in the meantime hope you got some cute easter basket ideas if you were in the need for one :)

Now, that the battle is over, will you help us pick out Hunter V's basket.

What color basket?



and what two fabrics??



7 comments:

  1. Oh my, that was hilarious! I'm stifling my laughter so not to distract the kids from their work. My mom always used to say "What your father doesn't know won't hurt him" and that was her line for spoiling us kids rotten. I actually like the darker baskets. I hope everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! New things just "appear" in our house all the time! Favorite basket combo - Tan Basket + B3 + either B22, B25 or B27. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do guys have to be SUCH ballbusta's?! Seriously! Next time he gives you crapola about Hunter's $25 Easter basket, give him a little shout about about all the golf, green fees, beer costs, after golf lunch, golf balls, gas to go to golf... blah! blah! blah! :) On a side note I love the tan basket and EVEN THOUGH little Hunter is a BOY I still love pattern B2... that little bit of raspberry in it is cute, springy and Eastery OR B4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well going back to my childhood, I LOVED my easter basket and got the same one every year!! I know hunter will love it and it is definitely well worth the investment!! It is so thoughtful and sweet. For some reason I am drawn to B8 - it looks so springy/eastery to me - even though it is boy/boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second LRT! A tiny basket is no where near comparable to one looong day on the course. I like the tan basket and B4 or B5.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just get the one from Pottery Barn Kids! It's what you really want and he will have it forever.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs