Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Project Simplify Week 2: Our pantry

Our Pantry was OUT OF CONTROL. Things falling out on you, running out of shelf space for food, not even sure what food we had in there. AND with HL5 turning four months old I wanted to add a little basket into our pantry where all his food is kept.

In the before picture notice the top shelf is where I used to store my crystal stemware. And somewhere tucked towards the bottom is our china. The hubby said that was taking up entirely too much space and I had to agree with him.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App

So we moved those items and they are now being stored upstairs in our laundry room above our washer and dryer. Doesn't necessarily make the most sense but hey its where we could find space. Gaining the extra shelf allowed for us to add a shelf for more food which is what we really needed and also just give more organized space for our tuppeware and large appliances.

Photobucket

It doesn't look like a huge difference in the pictures but in person it is! Every time I used to open the pantry anxiety would come over me. Now I open it and feel organized and calm. Its amazing what a little rearranging and purging can do!

Be sure to link up your Project Simply Projects to her blog! xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love all the organizers you have on the door - no space is wasted, such a great idea. This is definitely motivation to make sure the new house is organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree Nicola I NEED those organizers on the door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a big difference too me... everything is perfectly spaced and in a place! :) You did great! No more swimming for the PB, now it's right in front of your face! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs