Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Our Home Before & After

I moved into Hunters home about 2 years ago and although the house wasn't completely unfortunate when I moved in there were some improvements that could be made in order to turn it from a house to home. I took a bunch of pictures the weekend I moved in, in order to show my Mom who lives out of town, and now I'm really glad I did because we have some great before pictures to compare to our now after. I wish Hunter had snapped a few pics when he moved in (in 2006) because then you'd see even more dramatic results. Right after he bought it, Hunter added all new hardwood floors, painted the kitchen cabinets, and repainted pretty much every room in the house.

The projects are coming to an end though...like I said in an earlier post some hardwoods in the Den and a new farm sink and we're done. This isn't our forever home and we're pretty sure our house is already the nicest one in the neighborhood so we have to be careful not to put too much money into it that we won't get back in resale. Enjoy the photos, its certainly rewarding for us to see them laid out like this!


Master Bedroom Before

Master Bedroom After - new bedding, furniture & paintMaster Bath Before
Master Bath After - new paint on walls & cabinet)
Guest Bath Before

Guest Bath After - new paint & accessories

Guest Bedroom Before

Guest Bedroom After - just some new paint to freshen it up :)

Downstairs Half Bath Before

Half Bath After - new wallpaper & pics

Kitchen Before

Kitchen After - new appliances and backsplash

Dining Room Before


Dining Room After - new wallpaper
added window treatments & new mirror( thanks MoM xoxo)
inherited a very old teacart from my Mimi (left corner thanks Mimi xoxo)
recovered chair (thanks Lindsey xoxo) :)
Office Before
Office After - added window treatments & some new pics :)

WHOA! That was ALOT to just upload all those! It's amazing for the most part what a little paint/wallpaper, new accessories, and window treatments will do! We're working on the Shed (AGAIN) :) this weekend, doubt we'll get to painting the "simple structure" but our goal is to get the inside of it cleaned out and the garage cleared! I look forward to those before and after pictures.

Hope you all have a great weekend! GO HOKIES! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. Looks great guys, ya'll have made your beautiful mom just gorgeous! I droll over your dining room... xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love every room. And I see you have a beautiful yellow KitchenMaid mixer!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs