Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Elephants or Whales?

This post might be a little premature considering we don't even know if we are having a boy or girl yet. But I keep looking at boy stuff because it's where I'm the most indecisive. If it's a girl I'm fairly certain I know what I will do for her room. Anyways, while in Potterybarn Kids, the other day, looking at the cribs, Hunter pointed out his adoration for this Whale quilt. Then, I showed him this elephant quilt I had my eyes on. He agreed the elephants were cute but stood his ground in liking the whales better.

Now, I should point out that I know I don't want a nursery full of animals so the quilt (and maybe sheet) will be the only piece we will purchase with animals on it. I thought of doing a striped, solid or polka dotted bumper, sheet and crib skirt along with the animal printed quilt.

Now here comes the fun part...

Did you know on Potterybarn Kids website you can build your own crib? Well you can, right here!

You pick out your crib, then add your quilt, bumper, sheet and crib skirt. You can mix and match every pattern they have and it adds it to your crib where you can see what it will look like together. You can even change the wall color. Genius and EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Here's some different combinations I put together with the quilts we like. The white crib in the pictures is the exact crib, boy or girl, my generous parents are purchasing for us!

Sorry for the blurry images...I couldn't' copy them from the website any clearer.

All of the images have the light blue pique crib skirt and bumper which I think I'm sold on.

1. Whale quilt, navy blue polka dot sheet.

2. Whale quilt, whale sheet.


3. Whale quilt, blue gingham sheet.


4. Elephant Quilt, blue gingham sheet.


5. Elephant quilt, elephant sheet.


Now, I'm aware I can rotate the sheets and use all the different patterns. But, I ask you...my friends....Elephants? or Whales?

Here's clearer pictures of the two.

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I vote for the whales since that's what I have in my 5 mo. old's nursery right now and I love it. I didn't want to go overboard on the theme so I didn't buy all of the pieces. I have the whale sheet, navy and white polka dot sheet, whale quilt, whale mobile, and whale wall decals. We didn't put up all of the decals...just a few under his name letters (see link below) and a few on the door to his bathroom on the other side of the room. I have the same crib you are going to get also except I have the dark wood one.

    http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa416/TwoLabsAndABaby/IMGP0952.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Thanks for your input Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I love elephants in general, I think the whale has a nice pop of color with the navy blue and red. Both are adorable though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man Kris that's such a hard one... they are BOTH adorable and perfect... you CANNOT go wrong! It's so hard... the whales have more color pop and the elephants are just so soft and airy! I love the gingham pattern in the whales but I LOVE the polkadots in the elephants! Maybe do this... do a revote... do two of your inspiration boards of the COMPLETE room... one with the whales and one with the elephants.... I'm stumped as to which one I like better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although i really think you cant go wrong w either...my eye first draws to the whales..I think those colors POP a little more! But if you choose elephants i love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote option 1!!! Love the whale and the navy with white polka dots. Looks very boy and adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you seen this website? You can create your own crib bedding. It can be a little pricey but you could just have sheets made, or a bumper or a quilt...and then use the PBK stuff with it. I know boys are hard. There is so little offered that is cute.
    http://www.babybedding.com/designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whales! Whales! Whales! It would be such a great excuse to go crazy with Vineyard Vines!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs