Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

31 Weeks!

Size of Baby: Head of Lettuce. 18 inches and 3.2 pounds

Weight Gain: Didn't get weighed this week but probably floating somewhere around 157 and 158. 28 pounds from starting weight.

Maternity Clothes: Yep nothing but and I'm sooooo sick of them. Can't WAIT to buy some cute things this winter! 8.5 weeks but who's counting....

Gender: It's a boy! Hunter Lee Lunsford V

Movement: All the time. Daddy and I had lots of fun the other night laying in bed and just watching you move my stomach up and down. We started laughing because of it and everytime I would laugh my belly shook, then you went crazy when I stopped and the cycle continued. It was great entertainment! Also, when Daddy see's you going nuts in there and feels a hard kick he always says to you "take it easy on mommy buddy" haha, too cute! :)

Sleep: Pretty good, up a couple times in the night and this week sleeping on my side has been better. Baby Hunter doesnt seem to mind it as much.

What I miss: I want to go shopping for cute fall clothes sooooo bad right now!


Best Moment this week: The weekend with my family and my baby shower of course. It warms my heart to see how much Hunter V is loved already!!

Looking forward to: Getting the nursery completed. We have curtain rods/curtains to hang, a shelf, book rack, mirror, a nd picture frames all to hang on the walls. I need to wash all his clothes and put all the wonderful goodies from the shower in their place. Daddy Hunter walked in Hunter V's room the other day and said "it's wierd seeing my name everywhere" haha, I can imagine it is. :) Also looking forward to the start of college football season this weekend, cooler weather, and pumpkin spice lattes!

Cravings: This...will someone make it for me?? Libby pumpkin roll...



Symptoms: Nasal congestion! I'm so stuffed up today and sneezy. Tiredness...Nothing too bad but I could ALWAYS take an afternoon nap. I haven't felt any achiness in my stomach this week but it sure doesnt feel good with Hunter is moving so much that it feels like he's trying to come out of my belly button. I move him at least 10 times a day to a new spot because he's hurting me in his current location. Poor little guy always being poked at! Shortness of breath but still no swelling, no stretch marks, no heartburn, I really have no complaints and very little symptoms.

Other notables: Sooooo....long story long. When I recieved my glucose test results (which were negative by the way) they told me I had low hemoglobin levels and low platelet levels. Due to this they wanted to draw more blood at my next appointment and run some follow up tests (this was at last weeks appt). Monday I got those tests results back and they showed low B12 levels. As a result the Dr recommended I take 2 folic acid pills on top of my prenantal vitamins everyday and also get a weekly B12 injection shot. With the B12 injections Hunter and I decided it would be easier and save us a lot of money if he just learned to give me the shots at home. I know what your thinking I'm STILL thinking this....OH BOY! SCARED!! We went to the Dr yesterday, I recieved my first shot while the nurse trained Hunter on how to give them to me through the remainder of my pregnancy. Oh BOY! The first one he will give me will be next tuesday so i'll let you all know how it goes...haha. Hunter seems totally confident about doing it....I'm the only apprehensive one, not sure why :) ...oh wait, maybe because i'm the one who will be in pain!

Anywho, This is all I really know now. I have LOTS of questions to ask the Dr at my appt next week. Mainly just how all this is effecting the baby or has my low levels of folic acid, B12 HAD any effect on the baby?? Or is the baby getting what he needs and it's just ME who is lacking. (let's hope so!) I've read that this is called Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count caused by deficiency in vitamin B12 and folic acid and that they don't like to give epidurals to women who have a low platelet count because of the risk of bleeding. I'll be taking this up with the Dr as well to verify this information and get the truth! :)

Pictures: Say a prayer there is a 100% healthy baby boy in there! He seems to be moving and growing good!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hunter is so brave for administering those shots ... Ian hates needles and I truly, TRULY think he would pass out cold on the floor if he had to give me a shot. I will be sending good thoughts your way for a continued healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your dr. appt went good this week! :) Thinking of you and your first Hunter shot tonight! Hope it went ok! You look awesome girl! Can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Template By Designer Blogs